I had originally hinged the two pieces together, but after laying out different designs I just wasn’t happy. In a last ditch effort to save them from the trash can (which is where pieces I hate go), I took them apart and focused on them separately (which finally took me to my happy place!).
PUTTING THE PIECES TOGETHERFor both of the pieces I started by covering a piece of chipboard with decorative paper. Next, on both pieces I added images from the Alpha Stamps Juliet Collage Sheet.
I also used one of the frames from my Elegant Frames Set Download. I printed the frame twice and cut away part of the bottom of the frames (the back of the frame is covered with coordinating cardstock). The frame I used is the last one (far right) on the second row in the picture below. I love using large frame images to give a piece structure.
STAR CROSSED LOVERS
In the picture below you can see the holes going down the right side of the piece, but no worries as the cascading flowers will hide my misstep.
I started building the flower cascade by attach leaves from my stash. I think these leaves had a flower that I used on another project.
Next I added the larger burgundy, white and yellow flowers.
The brown beaded flowers are from my stash. Next, I added the smaller burgundy and white roses and rose buds. The ones on the right hide the holes. As a final touch to the flower cascade I added paper butterflies.
In addition to the vine, I used a clock from my Tick Tock collage sheet. I added Glossy Accents to the center to give it a domed and shinny appearance.
Alpha Stamps Supplies Used for “Star Crossed Lovers” Collage Piece
Yesterday Papillon Scrapbook Paper – Used the tan side with writing
QUEEN OF HEARTSThe approach for this piece was the same as the one above. I used the same chipboard, paper frame, decorative paper (opposite side) and the image from the Juliet collage Sheet.
Next, I added half of a chipboard gate (painted gold) to give the piece even more of an architectural feel and to cover the holes on the left side. I also added lace (from my stash) to the top right side of the piece.
Next, I glued the image in place and started building her heart crown. I used one of the crowns from the Natures Crowns collage sheet as the base.
Using heart stick pins I added small heart beads and glued the stickpins behind the crown. In the center I also added a glass heart bead to the stickpin in addition to the small heart bead. To the front I added a gold heart, rhinestones, and a piece of trim to the crown. The final touch was to add some leaves behind the crown.
To the bottom of the piece I added first lace, a large piece of beaded trim and a small piece of beaded trim. Next, I added resin swirls and beaded flowers. The final touch is the sugared bloom with acrylic leaves.
Alpha Stamps Supplies Used for “Queen of Hearts” Collage Piece
Yesterday Papillon Scrapbook Paper – Used the black & white diamond side