-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Monday, October 1, 2012

Pretty Potions and Poisons Apothecary Event and Tutorial

It's time to wave your wands (or glue sticks) and start building your own potions and poisons apothecary.  Whether your style is cute, pretty, spooky, gothic, creepy and crawly; all takes on Halloween are welcome here!  This event is all about having fun with Halloween and creating something that you will enjoy displaying during this spooktacular season.  So turn on your favorite Halloween tunes and get your witchy grove on.

See the links below to purchase the collage sheets and/or digital image sets for this project:
Witches Apothecary Cabinet collage sheet set
Witches Apothecary Cabinet digital image set
Apothecary Labels #1 collage sheet
Apothecary Labels #2 collage sheet
Apothecary Large Labels #3 collage sheet
Apothecary Large Labels #4 collage sheet
Mini Apothecary Labels collage sheet
Book Spines & Labels #1 collage sheet
Book Spines & Labels #2 collage sheet
Apothecary Book Spines, Covers & More digital image set
NOTE
As of 1/13/18 Create for Less online store is carrying a 7 1/2" x 5" x 3" box that would work perfectly for this project.  You would need to purchase 4.  if you want the link to the product, email me using the "Email Me" button in the right side column of my blog or post a comment on the YouTube video.
ASSEMBLING and DECORATING THE CABINET
This haunted journey starts with viewing the tutorial below which covers assembling and decorating an apothecary cabinet.  Once you finish the first video you'll want to continue on to the others which cover altering bottles and tins, making books, decorating coffins and cauldrons.  
Video Tutorial #1– Assembling and Decorating the Apothecary Cabinet
FREE IMAGES
 Feel free to download the images below and use them in your art.
The haunted journey continues with viewing the second tutorial in the series which covers altering bottles and tins. 
  Video Tutorial #2– Altering Bottles and Tins
I’ve broken this tutorial into two pieces so be sure to watch them both.
Part One of Two
Part Two of Two
FREE IMAGES
 Feel free to download the images below and use them in your art.

Witches Hat Template


The haunted journey continues with viewing the third tutorial in the series which covers creating books, decorating cauldrons and coffins.  You don’t need to be experienced in bookbinding to make the simple and fun books I’ll be demonstrating. 
Video Tutorial #3– Books, Coffins, and Cauldrons

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a Halloween geek and do Halloween art myself. I just got done watching your tutorial on the Apothecary stuff. I honestly have never seen anyone as talented as you are. I was so overwhelmed at all the new techniques I can now do. Where in the world did you ever get such an imagination. You are truly blessed. All I kept saying is why didn't you think of that. I thought I had an imagination. OMG! Can't wait to see more. Thank you.

Kim Payne said...

All that Diana said...and more! Wow, I am so blown away!

steffi said...

This is amazing! I wish I'd find it earlier - just love everything apothecary!

NeverEndingWonder said...

Love all your artwork! Beautiful and magical creations. Thank you so much for mentioning my website and radio station. Just a heads up- Welcome to Weirdsville Radio has transformed from all comedy to an all purpose Halloween station. All the great novelty songs are still there, but now there's also a spooky side to the music as well.

Happy hauntings!