-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Friday, October 19, 2012

My Haunted Family Tree – Domino Book

I couldn't go through Halloween and not make some domino books.  On this book I started by coating the front of the dominoes with Glossy Accents, then sprinkling on black glitter.  The gate, ghosts and tombstones are all buttons (with shanks removed).  I used Copper Gilders Paste to add color to the gate and tombstones.  I used a punch to create the black branches (I think it is a Martha Stewart punch).
I used two different 12 x 12 papers on the inside of the book.  One of the papers is the strip with the gate and hearse and the other had all the images of the gruesome silhouettes (which I cut out).  

Supplies Used In Making This Book

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably get tired of hearing this but OMG!!! Your domino book is fantastic. I love the front of it. I would have never known it was a domino book.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Laura, your fabbulous blog has inspired me to begin some Halloween makings. I LOVE what you do!!!You're a very clever woman.

chrissie said...

Difficult to believe this is only domino size. It is amazing and an inspiration.

Love Chrissie xx

Joanne said...

Incredible again Laura. You know, I can't get any Halloween papers in the UK, it's dreadful.
Hugs Joanne xx

CarlaKH said...

I love this....so cool. The papers you used are fabulous too. Love it!

Lululiz said...

Another triumph, what a fabulous domino book.

2amscrapper said...

incredibly clever

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very cool indeed! I love your art! I just added your blog to my list of favs...Artists at work! Hugs!

silvergran said...

This is so amazing!! And all domino size?! Great project!

Bast said...

That is incredible! At first glance I never would have thought it was a domino! Thanx for sharing another Spook-tacular project as well as a tutorial! Love your creations. :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Oh my heck! Once again you have knocked my little sockies off! I am so trying this! Thank you, thank you!

Beverly Sager said...

Really cool at first glance. Then when I realized it is domino-sized!!! I was just awed. Beautiful piece!