-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Owl Domino Book

I love making owls out of bits of jewelry findings.  I decided I would use one for the cover of a domino book.  I first colored the domino with a combination of alcohol inks.  I then added black stickers.  Unlike the previous domino book which was tied closed with ribbons, this one is hinged and closed with a clasp.  
The poem inside says:
When darkness welcomes Halloween
And owls hoot long and low,
The witches in the deep ravine,
Move wildly to and fro.
It comes from a vintage postcard.

Supplies Used In This Piece

I’ll be posting more of these owls in November with fall inspired art.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are just amazing! I've been looking at your tutorials, too and would love to try some of your designs! You make art FUN! Hugs!

Sarah said...

This is so cool!!! I love it!

Sue Young said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loves this???Me!!!

chrissie said...

Can't wait to see more of these they are amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love owls and this is such a cute idea!
TFS hugs Aly x

Joanne said...

You are a complete genius. How you think of these things beats me. Fantastic indeed.
Joanne xx

Unknown said...

Quel beau travail, mes félicitations.

CarlaKH said...

Beyond fabulous!

Claudia N. said...

Gosh! You created a true treasure!!!! Awesome!!!!


die amelie xx

2amscrapper said...

I love the owl on top of the domino book.

KristyLee said...

OMG this is so fabulous, you do such wonderful art work! You amaze me all the time!
Peace,
KristyLee

Beverly Sager said...

Your attention to fine detail is always amazing. This is awesome!

Primitive Seasons said...

Boy I just love this piece. Owls are the thing now, aren't they? Great job! I love all your creations and I've gotten so many good ideas from your Halloween things. Thank you.

Mary

Martina said...

Laura, your Owl Domino Book is fantastic! What a great inspiration piece!

Unknown said...

This is so great. I love it and all the detail and color. Wow!!

craftyM said...

LOVE this and all your domino books! Just gorgeous!
Marita

Tina Van Netten said...

You are one amazing artist. I just love what your mind does. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for tutorials.