-->

Welcome

Welcome! Artfully Musing is a blog dedicated to sharing art and the techniques and products used. I'll be showcasing collage, altered and mixed media art as well as miniature. I hope you'll check back often and are inspired. Thanks for visiting! Laura
COMING SOON: TUNNEL BOOK VIDEO TUTORIAL

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A REGENCY PERIOD MUSICAL INTERLUDE

So many of the pieces I make incorporate images of women so it is nice to create a more masculine piece.  

The frame is from my Antique Frames Set Download which I attached to a piece of chipboard covered with music themed paper.
I mounted an image from Letters from the Past Set Download behind a wood die cut window.  I imagined him sitting at a window playing his instrument.
The gentleman is from my Letters from the Past 1 collage sheet and you can also find him on the same download set as the scene behind the window.

Next I added the instrument, (I’m thinking that it's a cello?), and the sheet music.

For further embellishment I added brass pieces to the top of the windows and to the bottom I added, paper vines and flowers, beaded trim and a brass piece.

The brass piece at the bottom is a gift from Carmen Conners (an Internet art friend).  Her blog is https://papercraftgoddess.blogspot.com/.

ALPHA STAMPS SUPPLIES USED IN THIS PIECE
The backside of the paper below is very close to what I used.
  
STAY TUNED FOR SOME HOLIDAY/CHRISTMAS PROJECTS