-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

MIDNIGHT MASQUERADE - GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

The new Graphic 45 Midnight Masquerade paper collection and the Taj Mahal Triptych are the inspiration for this colorful piece.

The scene depicts costumed masked ladies reveling the night away; who wouldn’t want to go to this party!  

I think my favorites are the metal masks which are decorated with paint, rhinestones, glass glitter, and feathers, and the colorful steamers made from high-quality double sided dual color heavyweight crepe paper that can be stretched (not the thin kind you buy in rolls for parties).


I've also created a NEW collage sheet "Bejeweled Moons" to complement this project.




NEW BEJEWELED COLLAGE SHEET
This sheet contains 25 unique moon designs. The large moons are repeated, with one facing right and one facing left.  There are smaller versions of each of the moons with some duplicates.


THE DETAILS
The base of the piece is made from the chipboard triptych kit pictured below.
Sale-Now Shipping-Graphic 45 "Midnight Masquerade" 12 x 12 Paper pad Cardstock Collection
I started by covering the front and back of the triptych with the Graphic 45 papers.
I cut the 6 x 6 diamonds texture sheet in half and painted each piece gold.

To add sparkle to the frame pieces, I attached rhinestone chains.  The chains come in four colors (I used 2 of the colors, ruby, and aquamarine) and bend easily to conform to any shape.
To the top of the chipboard diamond sheets, I added chipboard Fleur Border pieces painted purple.
The moon is from my new Bejeweled Moons collage sheet.  The image of the moon was made up of rhinestones. To create more sparkle and dimension, I added real rhinestones, placing them over the rhinestone images.
NOTE:  If you don't have rhinestones or they are not the right color, you can use Glossy Accents to create dimension.  If you have clear rhinestones, you can paint them with Alcohol inks which will change the color of the stone without losing the transparency and sparkle of the rhinestone.

I added the images to the pieces before using E6000 to glue the pieces together.  


I’ve used an Embossed Gold Mask with Feathers on the top center of the triptych.  Parts of the mask are painted teal, red and blue.  I also attached plum and yellow rhinestones and some plum and teal feathers. 
On the bottom center of the triptych is a Large Fancy Silver Mask Charm to which I adhered teal, red, purple, and gold glass glitter. 
NOTE: I used a straight pin to gently remove the glitter from unwanted areas of the mask.
The streamers are cut from double-sided sheets of crepe paper with two shades of the same color.  The paper is from the Crepe Paper Sampler Set, which includes twelve 5" x 5" sheets (in different colors).  After cutting out strips of paper, I gently stretched the paper and twisted it before gluing it to the piece.  I anchored the side streamers using two different silver mask charms.

NOTE:  The paper only stretches in one direction so test it before cutting the strips so that they will stretch.

4 comments:

johala said...

Hello Laura
Wonderful card, with so many details!!!
Kisses

Jackie PN said...

Wow Wow and WOW!!
Laura, this triptych is Brilliant! I just love the lady in the center- she screams FUN! Outstanding details and assemblage! You nailed the use of this new Graphics 45 paper!! Gorgeous!
Thanks so much for sharing your steps- I love to learn your different techniques!
hugs,Jackie xx

claude said...

what charming result
hugs

Tristan Robin said...

positively brilliant!!!

how did you paint that tiny mask with so many colors?! is it ice resin?!

I am in total lust with this!