-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

3D CINDERELLA COACH - PERFUME OR ALTERED BOTTLE CADDY

This month’s theme at Alpha Stamps is Cinderella.  As I’m still on my kick of creating beautiful and useful items, I decided to decorate a 3D coach fit for a queen that doubles as a bottle caddy.  
The project is made easy by using the 3D chipboard coach kit pictured above.
The door opens, giving you access to the inside of the couch where I placed 6 perfume/altered bottles. 
At the top of the couch is a crown made from paper and lace in which I have placed a larger bottle.

On the front and back of the coach, there is even more room for small bottles. 
THE DETAILS

DECORATING THE COACH
  • I started by painting all of the pieces in the coach kit gold.
  • Next, I decorated the side pieces by adding decorative paper, Dresden, cardstock, and images cut from the decorative paper.

  • Only the door on one side of the coach opens.
  • Both sides of the coach are decorated the same.
  • To the door, I added a door handle, a chipboard frame painted gold and stamped with a French-themed rubber stamp, and a bronze crest decorated with flat-back pearls.
  • To the top, I added a paper clay decorative piece.
I used paper clay and molds to create the decorative pieces on top of the doors, the flourishes on the front of the coach, and the round decorative pieces on the wheels.
I colored the clay with pink paint, burgundy paint, and Inca Gold Gilder’s Paste
THE DOOR
To the door that comes with the kit, I added a larger chipboard panel so that the door would sit on top of the side of the coach.  This is the only door that opens.

I glued the hinge between the door and the extra chipboard panel. 


ASSEMBLING THE COACH
Once the side pieces were finished, I assembled the couch and added decorative paper and images from the paper to the rest of the pieces.  Below is a layout to help you see how the coach pieces fit together.

The last thing I did was add the wheels.  I did not paint the dowels that hold the wheels until they were on the coach and the wheels were in place.  If you paint them before attaching them, they will swell, and you might not be able to insert them through the holes in the sides of the coach or through the holes in the wheels.
MAKING THE CROWN
I made the crown by gluing lace to decorative paper.  I glued two pieces of paper together for extra support and then applied glue to the lace by running it through a Xyron machine.  
I cut away the excess paper by following the shape of the lace.
I added more lace, velvet ribbon, and flat-back pearls.


DETAIL SUPPLY LIST
Always & Forever Scrapbook Paper
Love Clippings 8x8 Collection Kit
Bruised Pink Antique Scrapbook Paper
3D Large Coach
7/8 Inch Fancy Fan Ivory Lace
1 ½ Inch Fancy Lace
Bronze Crest with Rampant Lions
Silicone Mold – Architectural Flourishes
Silicone Mold – Ornaments & Settings
Mini Mixed Size Flat-Back Pearls
Flowers & Leaves Dresden Borders – Antique Gold
Gold Mini Rosette Dresden Borders
French Floral Collage Rubber Stamp
Brass Door Handle & Key Sets
Creative Paperclay
Inca Gold Gilders Paste

4 comments:

claude said...

fantastic!
hugs

johala said...

Hello Laura
There is only you to create such things!!!! LOL
Kisses

Jackie PN said...

OMGosh!! Laura, this is absolutely exquisite!! This needs to be featured on Downton Abbey or some other BBC show! lol truly gorgeous make!!
xo Jackie

Unknown said...

This is just stunning! My first time commenting, but I've been loving all of your work. I do have a question for you, Laura. How do you store your beautiful creations?? I'm in the process of working on a Halloween Carnival inspired by you and I'm wondering when I finish it, how best to store it for the off season??
Thank u!!
Christine