The Three Muses Challenge this week is “Old Fashioned”. My entry is an altered cabinet card titled “Miss Prim”. She of course has all kinds of rules that a woman must follow.
- Do not scrape your plate
- Set the table as beautifully as possible
- The husband should always find the wife fresh, beautiful, sweet as a flower
- Never scratch your head, pick your teeth, or clean your nails in public
- Do not be in haste; compose yourself
- Loud thumping with canes and umbrellas, in demonstration of applause is decidedly rude.
The card is coated with wax. I pressed a stamp in the corners while the wax was hot and added alcohol ink to give it more dimension. Below is the card before altering.