-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Egypt Stamped Paper Clay ATC

A few months ago I posted a tutorial on “How to Create Backgrounds & Embellishments Using Paper Clay and Rubber Stamps”.  One of the example backgrounds in the tutorial was this Egyptian inspired clay ATC.  I wanted to show you how I finished it.

Below are the rubber stamps I used to stamp the clay.
Here is the stamped dry clay before painting.
First I painted the clay with various Ranger Alcohol Inks.
 Next I painted the details and the brass pieces with metallic acrylic paint.  My husband always teases me that I use a microscope and a one hair brush.  In this case he wasn't far off the mark.
I adhered the brass pieces with Ranger Glossy Accents.

Here are links to some online rubber stamp stores that carry Egyptian inspired rubber stamps.

3 comments:

Elaine A said...

Laura -

This is stunning! It looks like a hieroglyphic that would have been painted in a pyramid when it was new. Your colors are so rich!

Elaine Allen

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh how I adore your blog! I just have this packet of paper clay sitting on my desk and do not know what to do with it! HOW DID YOU READ MY MIND? Thank you so much for being my muse...I can not wait until I have a chance to read your tutorial...
creative mermaid blessings...

Mary Ann Tate said...

Really lovely. I am always amazed at how you come up with so many ideas. Just marvelous.