-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Language of Flowers ATC Book

Continuing on with Alpha Stamps May theme of “Language of Flowers” is a super simple to make ATC book.  The ATCs makeup the pages of the book and are connected with jump rings.  The cards accordion fold and are held together with ribbon.  The first ATC in the book also serves as the cover.
This is a great project for a swap.  Each swapper creates a set of ATCs and keeps one which they use as their cover.  Then they receive cards from other swappers which become the other pages of the book. 
 
In the picture below, you can see the placement of the jump rings circled in black.  I started by punching the holes in the first ATC on the left.  I then used the punched holes to mark the holes in the second card, insuring that the holes in both cards matchup when they are connected with the jump rings.  I continued marking the holes in the next ATC using the holes already punched in the previous one.
The ribbon used to close the book is attached to the first ATC (that is the front cover).  Attach the ribbon before adding the decorative paper etc. to the ATC.  In the picture below, you’ll notice that the ribbon is shorter on the right side than on the left.  When the book is closed by accordion folding the ATCs you will need extra ribbon to reach around the back of the book.  I usually use more ribbon than I need and trim the excess after the bows are tied.  I used two ribbons in this example as the ribbons were thin.  If you have a larger ribbon you can use just one.
Note in the pictures below, how the ATCs are folded to close the book.  A few things to consider when creating your book are:

  • You need to use an even number of ATCs (this includes the front cover ATC).
  • Stick to thinner embellishments for the inside ATCs but you can go crazy on the cover.
  • You can have items that extend past the top and the bottom of the ATCs by not the sides.
In the pictures below, you can see the ribbon wrapped around one side and tied on the other side.
I also like to decorate the back of the last ATC so that it looks pretty when the book is closed.
Below are detailed pictures of the ATCs.  The frames are from my Whimsical Frames Collage Sheet

Alpha Stamps Products Used for This Project

17 comments:

Createology said...

This is such a lovely ATC book with all the details inside and out. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift this would make. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I have some lovely atc from a crazyquilt swap I was in and this would be perfect for them. Thanks for all your creativity and sharing it.

Theresa said...

This is lovely...I cannot say enough about how pretty it is!!!

ike said...

OMGoodness - how delightful. This is a beautiful creation :-)
IKE xx

chrissie said...

This is a wonderful idea and your book is just amazing

Chrissie x

Gaby Bee said...

Your creations are always amazing. This ATC book looks fantastic. Love all the layering and how you have put all the elements together.
You rock!


Hugs,
Gaby

johala said...

Hello Laura!
I love your new creation, so charming! Maybe I'll try to make one for a gift! If I make it, I'll send you the pictures!
Hugs and kisses

Healing Woman said...

Thanks for sharing the creation of this fabulous book. I was drawn to the title immediately also because I'm reading a wonderful book by the same name, now available for kindle and i-pad. Flowers are wonderfully inspiring as is your post.

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant design! This is just beautiful! xxD

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Lovely, lovely. The ATC's are so romantic and pretty. Binding them in a little keepsake book is practical and a chance to have more fun with my supplies. THANK YOU Laura. Charlotte

Unknown said...

Laura this is so lovely! Thank you so much for all of the great tutorials I truly appreciate them.
XXX
Becky

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Laura..this is luscious I love it.I come here to dream and behold the extreme beauty of your art and I am never disappointed.
hugs
susan s

Unknown said...

Stunning!! I love the cover!!!
What a wonderful idea.

Happy Crafting,
Tracie

Electra said...

So so pretty Laura!!

Sandra said...

So beautiful ! and so romantic too. I know what I'm talking about : I'm french ;)
Congrats, once again, Laura

Cocofolies said...

I could repeat exactly the same thing as Sandra who is a very good friend of mine !!! (She gave me your link some time ago , as she's really fond of your artworks...). So this ATC book is just wonderful... Love it !!! Coco x

CreativSpirit said...

So gorgeous Laura.