-->

Welcome

Welcome! Artfully Musing is a blog dedicated to sharing art and the techniques and products used. I'll be showcasing collage, altered and mixed media art as well as miniature. I hope you'll check back often and are inspired. Thanks for visiting! Laura
COMING SOON: TUNNEL BOOK VIDEO TUTORIAL

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

MADAM RUE GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER - VIDEO TUTORIAL AND NEW IMAGE SETS

Welcome to the mystical world of Madam Rue.  She has the gift of sight which can reveal your future and explain your past.  Only she can lift the veil of mystery and connect to the regions beyond.
If revelation is not what you seek, but instead a charm or potion, you have come to the right place.  Is it love, fame, fortune or perhaps release from a curse?
Or maybe it was the sound of her tambourine and her melodious voice that drew you here.

Be not afraid, step inside, your destiny awaits.
Here comes another Halloween project, although I’m thinking gypsies are never out of season. 
For those who have built or are building the Halloween Carnival, this is a piece you might want to add to your display. 

My choice of a jeweled toned color palette comes from looking at pictures of gypsy caravans where I noticed bright colors, fabrics, beading, fringe and bling.
 Image result for gypsy caravan
Image result for gypsy caravan inside
What did I love the most about this project?  I think the mini globe lighting is right at the top.  I wish I could go back to some of my older pieces and use the lighting.  It would also look cool with the Mad Scientist Lab from earlier in the summer.
I also love the furniture which is made from either a kit or from unfinished wood items.  My particular favorite is the 3 Panel Hutch sitting on top of a Library Table.  The furniture pieces could easily work standalone or as part of another one of your projects.
Don’t sweat the details as there is a video tutorial where I’ll walk you through creating Madam Rue’s tent.

Pretty much all of the great products I used for this project are being carried by Alpha Stamps.  At the bottom of the post you’ll find the supply list and product links.

I’ve cooked up some new gypsy fortune teller themed images for this project.  I also used some of my other recent image sets such as Old Books & Papers Digital Set Download  and the Alpha Stamps Games & Spinners Collage Sheet


This sheet is a collection of mystical items.  There are books on palm ready, fortune telling, crystal ball reading and more.  There are various business signs, tarot cards and other odds and end that a seer into the beyond might need.

This set is a collection of mystical items that a seer into the beyond might need.  In addition, the set contains images that you can use to create and outfit a gypsy tent.  All of the images in the Gypsy Fortune Teller Collage Sheet are included plus a tent top panel, tent side panel, images to decorate a table, curtains, and rugs for a total of 38 images.
All of the images in set can be re-sized for your project as they are high resolution (300dpi) PNG formatted images.

This collage sheet contains 15 different lanterns with two of each style of lantern for a total of 30 images.

VIDEO TUTORIAL



DETAIL MASTER SUPPLY LIST
COLLAGE SHEETS & PAPER
CHIPBOARD KITS, FURNITURE & LIGHTING
EMBELLISHMENTS
BOTTLES
PAINTS & INK

12 comments:

April CraftKnifeChronicles said...

Wow! You have really outdone yourself with all these wonderful Halloween projects. I'm always fascinated by your engineering - in this project how you did the lighting was really cool. This is a really neat addition to the Carnival.

johala said...

Hello Laura
I love it!!!!! Wonderful!
Hugs and kisses

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

https://67.media.tumblr.com/37a1cbc12e6e8e25f0bd7c90f25e3b59/tumblr_nlt5jw4B4d1rdfgw4o1_500.gif

claude said...

excellent ! very good project

ike said...

Ack !!! Super AWESOME !!!!!! LUV this so much :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Annie said...

You have the most wonderful imagination Laura...this is such a fabulous piece with so many wonderful details......I love it !!

TFS and best wishes x

J E R I said...

Laura, Madam Rue's tent is just awesome - I adore your work! JERI

missmacymay said...

Oh my word Laura, I picture myself living in your wonderfully stylish room. Madam Rue's room is a mind blower, so incredibly executed. Bravo.

barbara macaskill said...

This is absolutely fantastic!! I am enchanted by every single detail of this magical creation!
I have searched both supply lists but can't seem to find what you used to "hold" the lights on the floor. I am talking about the gold rings that the lights are popped up through. Are they just washers or something else? Please let me know!
Thanks for sharing this amazing creation with me!
Barb in VT
macaskillbarbara@yahoo.com

Juliz Design Post said...

Another amazing project with exquisite touches and wonderful attention to detail.
Julie X

Katie West said...

Wow! I can't even.....I think you've outdone yourself.

smokeysmom said...

You are so amazing!! I love the gypsy tent!