-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, August 27, 2016

HALLOWEEN VILLAGE MAD SCIENTIST LABORATORY – VIDEO TUTORIAL, NEW COLLAGE SHEETS & DIGITAL IMAGE SETS

It’s a dark and stormy night in Grimsley Village, the kind of night Dr. Deranged has been waiting for.  Tonight he will be taking advantage of the lighting storm to further his work on animating a giant brain.
With help from his mechanical minions, Dr. Deranged hopes to see the culmination of his diabolical plans.
Inside, all preparations have been made.  The brain is resting on the platform, being fed by tubes of fluid.  The electrodes are in place leading up to the lightning collector installed on the roof.
In a fevered frenzy, Dr. Deranged works to finish the construction of his electrical plasma machines, which he hopes will harness enough energy to animate the brain.  His work is cutting-edge and dangerous.  If things don't work out, no doubt Cadaver and Digger will be the first on the scene.
You can see his formulas on the chalkboard, books, charts, and laboratory equipment.  It’s taken years of work culminating in this one night.
The Brain-O-Scope is his own design and has been instrumental in his understanding of the brain.
On the outside, the lab appears calm and serene, surrounded by seasonal pumpkins and vines, but inside it’s a different story.
The storm is getting closer, which means it’s time to fire up the machines.
Everyone in Grimsley Village senses something is about to happen.  After tonight, the world might not ever be the same……BWAHAHAHAHA

It’s that time of the year when I get my Halloween groove on and bring you new spooky projects.  The first one of the season is a new addition to last year’s Halloween Village, a Mad Scientist Laboratory. 
It's sort of a mix of Dr. Frankenstein’s laboratory meets old 50s and 60s Science Fiction movies with a touch of steampunk.

On a side note, the previous year’s Halloween project tutorials and image sets never go away.  Also, Alpha Stamps still carries many of the products I used on older projects. 

Alpha Stamps is carrying all of the cool products I used for the Mad Scientist Laboratory, with the exception of a few items from my stash and some unusual building materials such as;
Ping pong balls, straws, plastic curtain rings, and an ICEE drink lid.

NEW COLLAGE SHEETS & DIGITAL IMAGE SETS
A two-sheet Mad Scientist Laboratory collage sheet set is specific to the laboratory project.  In addition, there is a companion digital image set that contains all the images in the collage sheet set, plus many more.
I’ve also cooked some images that have broader use.  There is the Old Open Books, Letters, Music & Parchment Collage Sheet and the Old Books, Parchments & Letters Digital Image Set.  Click on the images below to purchase the collage sheets and digital image sets.


This set includes 73 images.  All of the images from the Mad Scientist Laboratory Collage Sheet set are included, plus lab machines, metal panels, plasma rods, switches, control panels, and more.
Click on the image below to purchase the digital image set.

This collage sheet contains a variety of paper-related images.  There are several open books, some blank and some with writing.  You’ll also find letters, paper with writing, sheet music, and some parchment paper.
Click on the image below to purchase the collage sheets.

This digital set contains 67 book and paper-related images that would be useful for various themed projects.  Included are:
21 - Book covers, 12 - Book sets, 15 - Open books, 4 – Parchment sheets, 11 -Paper with writing and writing collages, 4- Sheets of Music
Click on the image below to purchase the digital image sets.
OLD BOTTLES, HALF COLLAGE SHEET 
This collage sheet is packed full of all kinds of old bottles in two sizes.
Click on the image below to purchase the collage sheet.

VIDEO TUTORIAL

FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD THE WOOD TRIM COLLAGE SHEET BELOW TO USE IN YOUR ARTWORK



If you are interested in the other Grimsley Village pieces, you can find the video tutorials and supply list by clicking the links below.

Grimsley Village Part 1 (which includes)
Happy Bat Tavern
Grizelda's House of Beauty
The Retching Toad Eatery
Ghoul & Sons Chemists
The Thrifty Witch
Grimsley Village Part 2 (which includes)
Black Cat Emporium
Buzzard Bed & Breakfast
Cadaver & Digger Undertakers
Village Square





16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, absolutely stunning !

johala said...

Hello
I am always amazed by your fantastic imagination!!! LOL
Kisses

Karen Mallory said...

Laura!! This is fantastic! I am going to have to make one to add to my village!!!
hugs Karen

sheilaAR said...

I have been thinking of mad scientists lately. This project is, as always, MAGNIFICENTLY AMAZING!! My own brain seems to expand every time I look at your work...hopefully Dr. Deranged won't take an interest in it, lol

Leslie G said...

This is so amazing and you have created another masterpiece. I always look forward to your creations, especially around Halloween. Thank you!

smokeysmom said...

Laura, honey, I'm beginning to worry about you, LOL!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is truly amazing....and how you put it all together is unbelievable...I really thought the copper pipes were copper pipes...not straws....love it all ...thank you so much for sharing....and also...I love...love...those DS Paper...tfs

Tarnished Rose said...

That is so totally awesome! You are such a creative person and I love seeing what you come up with. I'm putting those sheets on my wish list too!

Marilyn

claude said...

amazing and fantastic work

ginger@bearbits said...

Frightfully wonderful! What terrific details and very elaborate. Inspirational.

Roxanne said...

Amazing work and Wow....you have the most animated imagination ever. Inspiring and so clever...so very clever! Love your work Laura! Goul-a-liscious! :)

Lucy said...

I cannot believe this scene - it is amazing, once again. The whole story is intriguing and then the details. Thank you so much for sharing this. I need to do some ordering.

Betsy Skagen said...

You have outdone yourself this time--and that is nearly impossible to do. I want to be you when I grow up!

Marfi-topia said...

extraordinary! I love this!!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun, creative project! I especially love the steampunk creatures, and how you worked out all the lighting details. A great, spooky addition to Grimsley village.

Karen Mallory said...

I just love this so much!! I am down to the last thing of making the brain platforms. If I have time and find some parts I might make a minion or two. Thanks so much for the great tutorial. As soon as I am finished I will send you some pictures!
hugs Karen