-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, August 14, 2021

SEA DREAMS - HANDMADE BOOK WITHIN A BOOK - VIDEO TUTORIAL - NEW COLLAGE SHEET

For this project, I demonstrate how to make two books, a large book that contains a mini removable book. 

The inspiration for this project comes from the Sea Dream 8x8 paper pad and the Poem by Nathanial Hawthorn titled “The Ocean”.  You'll find a printable version of the poem further down in this post.  I love the paper's design blending sea life with flowers.

I have created a new collage sheet, “SEA DREAMS” for this project and used the sheet to decorate the mini-book.


To decorate the large book, I used various fern and seaweed type die-cut chipboard which I colored and made dimensional with the use of paint, microbeads, and embossing powders.



Along with how to construct the book, I’ll share with you other ideas for embellishments, such as taking an embellishment that is too small for the scale of the project and turning it into something that is the right scale.

In the video tutorial below, I’ll walk you through all the steps to create books like this for yourself.

SEA DREAMS COLLAGE SHEET - NEW

These vintage sea-themed images are perfect for collage projects, mini books, handmade cards, labels, and coasters.  Click on the image below to purchase this collage sheet.

VIDEO TUTORIAL

3 comments:

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

So very beautiful! Nice to hear from you!

johala said...

Hello Laura
This is a beautiful project!!!
I answered your mail some days ago, I hope my answer is not in spams in your mailbox!
Hugs and kisses
Johala

This N That said...

Beautiful !! Love it's intricacies..ENjoy your weekend..