-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, June 11, 2022

MINIATURE LIGHTING - VIDEO TUTORIAL

I'm in the process of building an antique shop that, among other things, features lighting.  Along with the lighting for the shop, I've included some lights from older projects.  I thought it might be helpful to focus on just the lighting in the first video tutorial.  Over the next few weeks, I'll be covering other aspects of the antique shop.

The way I approach designing the lights is to break down the shapes that make up a light and then figure out what I can use that is that shape which leads me to some unusual materials.  For example, I needed something that looked like a domed glass shade; how about a couple of plastic bowls flipped over and glued together, or a bird bath becomes a lamp base.

I used die-cut paper and chipboard to make some projects easier; others were more elaborate and constructed from various materials.  A few of the items I used are from my stash, but most are being carried by AlphaStamps

Below you will find a video tutorial, pictures of each light with a detailed supply list, and then a link to a master supply list of all of the products AlphaStamps is carrying to make these lights.

VIDEO TUTORIAL

CANDELABRA

CANDELABRA DETAILED SUPPLY LIST

Large Silver Candelabra
15mm Glass Bugle Beads (used 24)
Antique Gold Square Filigree – Painted Silver (used 4)

LANTERN

LANTERN DETAILED SUPPLY LIST
Small Square Lantern
Large Gold Filigree Bead Cap
Raw Brass Box Feet - Cones
9mm Antiqued Swirl Bead Cap

TABLE LAMPS

GOLD LAMP DETAIL SUPPLY LIST
Accordion Star Filigree Bead Cap
Raw Brass Box Feet - Cones
Raw Brass Box Feet - Round
¾ Inch Gold Star Base
3x5mm Teardrop Crystal Beads (Used 1)
15mm Glass Bugle Beads (Used  18)
White Dishes & Silverware Place Setting (used plate upside down for base)

PENDANT LIGHTS

CHANDELIERS

2mm Faceted Round Crystal Beads (Used all-in package)

Black Faux Wrought Iron Round Filigree – (Substitute for rings I used from my stash – can use one or two stacked)
Clear Mini Glass Globe – (Paint with alcohol inks to change color)


Click here to jump to the complete supply list of all of the lights at AlphaStamps.

GRAND CHANDELIER DANGLE PLACEMENT CHART

3 comments:

johala said...

Hello Laura
I love beautiful lights so I'm very pleased to sea your work, they're all charming even I particulary love the N°8! I don't know if these little lights are for a bigger project, but well done!
Hugs and kisses

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Un gran trabajo, la combinación de abalorios ha sido perfecta, feliz semana

Marian said...

Unas lamparas fantásticas.
Los abalorios muy logrados para este trabajo.
Un saludo