-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marie Antoinette Domino Book

For the longest time I’ve wanted to do something with dominos.  Holly in the Marie Antoinette group is hosting a domino book swap so I thought here is my chance.  To help us, she provided a great tutorial and a couple of examples.  It’s a one for one swap so I make one and receive one in return.  I just loved making this book and it will not be my last (I actually made two so I could have on to keep).

Front Domino – I painted the domino with silver alcohol ink then stamped the front domino using black Staz-On ink. I added rub-ons and embellishments.
Back Domino – I painted the domino with silver alcohol ink and added rub-ons and the silver fleur-de-lis.
Side - I edged each of the dominos with silver and black trim.  The book is tied together with lace ribbon.  I added feet to the bottom of each domino.
Inside – The inside is made of accordion folded cardstock that I decorated with various papers, images and rub-ons.  This was the biggest challenge for me because you can’t use bulky embellishments.

32 comments:

Martina said...

Your Domino Book is beyond gorgeous! It takes my breath away!
Fantastic piece of art!

fairyrocks said...

Wow Laura, this is wonderful!!!
It is like like a jewel encrusted Faberge' egg.

Daniele said...

oh WOW.....you amaze me with your inspirational pieces, this is ....I'm lost for words
hugs

Terri Kahrs said...

Absolutely exquisite! Hugs, Terri

Elaine A said...

Hi Laura -

Making Domino books is one of my favorite things. Although I have to say, I don't have any that I've made, I always end up giving them away as gifts - LOL! Your book is just breathtaking! You have certainly captured the Marie Antoinette era. This tiny piece of art is just beautiful, love it!

Elaine Allen

bobbie said...

Uniquely beautiful!

Gina Peake said...

Amazing is an understatement. Whoever receives this is one lucky lady.

Beverly Sager said...

Yeah - what THEY said! Laura, this truly is exquisite - probably the most beautiful creation I've seen online ever!

Angela said...

thats so original, and absoloutely beautiful!!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

So beautiful!

Kris Dickinson said...

This tiny book is fantastic!

gayl said...

Now, this is the way to use dominoes! I've never been much of a domino fan, even though I've collected several hundred. At last, a wonderful project to take to my arty friends!!! LOVE'EM! ~gayl

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

It's all been said! This is fabulous.

Netty said...

Everyone has said it all, your domino book is totally amazing. Annette x

ann said...

Exquisite.

Luthien Thye said...

OMG!! this must be the most gorgeous thing i've ever seen!!! soooooooo beautiful!!

Angie said...

Laura, this is a wonderful idea. Your domino book turned out so gorgeous, I know your partner will be thrilled.

Wishing you a great week,

Angie

Jo said...

This is just a gorgeous creation!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Stunning! WOW! Amazing! Simply Beautiful!

Ann said...

breathtaking!! I've never done one ,but your pices just inspires me to spread my wings and go for it!!..I linked this post to my blog so others could see it!!

Pennystamper said...

This is one of my favorite things you've made! It is so awesome!!! I have to find this group. LOVE IT!

debi said...

Laura, your domino book is so beautiful! I just love the silver with the rub ons, and the beading is so pretty.
And, I still just love those little feet!

Anonymous said...

Exquisite!!!!
XO Diane

Createology said...

Oh how did I miss this post. I am swooning over your precious tiny domino book. Your art really inspires my muse. This is truly beautiful. Happy Mother's Day...

Unknown said...

Oh my GOODNESS! What a stunning book! Thank you for sharing this I do believe a book might be in the works for me:)
Have a magical Mother's Day!
XXX
Becky

Gerri Herbst said...

This is my first time visiting and I must say you take my breath away. I adore, adore, adore this domino piece. Magnificent. take care, gerri

Sue Young said...

SSSSSSUUUUUUPPPPPPEEEEERRRRR GGGGOORRGGEEOOUUSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LLLLLLLAAAAAAAA LLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lululiz said...

Stunning! What an incredible piece, I am truly amazed.

trisha too said...

Outstanding!

Unknown said...

This is a treasure! Absolutely beautiful!

lynn said...

this book is such a treasure and im sure will be displayed with pride .. the details you use astonish me.. it is absolutely gorgeous.. wish i was in that swap..
thank you for sharing
lynn

becky said...

absolutely gorgeous, beautiful