-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Friday, July 20, 2012

Gypsy Caravan Designed For Alpha Stamps

Whenever I get a new assignment from Alpha Stamps I like to create at least one over the top piece.  This time it’s a gypsy caravan.  The frame is built with the Concertina Chipboard Pennants. The overall dimensions of the piece are 6" wide by 11" tall (that includes the moon topper).  I thought the curve at the top and bottom pennants was an interesting shape for the caravan.  I used the pennants for everything but the roof.  At the bottom of the post you’ll find a complete list of the products I used. 
The picture above is of the back of the caravan.  I used stars, moons and beads to create the beaded curtain.  The steps are made from dollhouse shutters attached to pieces of swirled chipboard.
SIDE ONE
The square piece is a Phases of the Moon Rubber Stamp that I stamped in paper clay and once the piece was dry I colorized it with various colors of guilders paste.
 
SIDE TWO
I used two different beaded trims to accent the sides.
BACK
The doors are made from dollhouse shutters.
TOP PIECE
I used a bead cap to mount the top piece on the roof.  The jeweled moon and silver ring are floating in the middle of the clock.
Side That Opens
One of the sides is hinged and opens to reveal a gypsy fortune teller.  There is a small latch under the roofline that keeps the side closed.
To the inside I attached pillows and a rug made of paper and cotton balls.  When the side closes they fold up into the caravan.
Inside, the gypsy sits behind her table with lace, fabric and lanterns made of beads hanging from a false ceiling that is under the roof.
Here is a picture of the table before I glued it into the caravan.  I used bead caps for the candlesticks and the crystal ball (a marble).  The candles are wooden skewers.  The tarot cards you see on the table are small versions of ATCs that I made a few years ago.  I thought it was fun to use my art as a prop for another piece of art.
Alpha Stamps Products Used in the Piece
Concertina Chipboard Pennants
Celestial Stickers - Top Piece
Antique Wood Clocks - Top Piece
Gilders Paste - Patina – Clay Piece on Side / Moon on Front / Sun on Back
Gilders Paste - Black – Clay Piece on side
Gilders Paste - Copper - Clay piece on side
Cranberry Alcohol Ink- Railing on Front
DRESDEN
BEADS/CHAINS/FRINGE
Wine Beaded Fringe- Roof Fringe
Yellow Gold Beaded Fringe – Roof Fringe
Amber Gypsy Bead Mix in Bottle – Beaded Curtain
Coin Fringe - Side
Large Fancy Oval Beads- Lantern Inside
Iridescent Moon Mix – Beaded Curtain
Iridescent Star Mix- Beaded Curtain / Top Piece
Rosary Chain - Garnet – Table inside
Mauve/Red Bead Mix – Beaded Curtain / Pillows
Lavender/Pink Bead Mix – Beaded Curtain
COLLAGE SHEETS & RUBBER STAMPS
BRASS & METAL
Small Square Brass Hinges - Used to Hinge the Side That Drops Down
Tiny Faux Ring Handles– Front Door
Brass Halo– Top Piece
Large Game Spinners– Top Piece
Fancy Star Bead Caps– Candlesticks and Lanterns on the Back
Gypsy Coin Mix– Table Inside

Stay tuned as there is a lot more of my gypsy art in your future!

28 comments:

psyko-daizie said...

I loooove this! It looks so magickal and mystical ^_^ Love gypsy artwork!

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see more! How big is it?

Anonymous said...

You do make the coolest most beautiful things!

Unknown said...

Laura, love this artwork. Your creativity astounds me and I am so glad to be a part of your experience with AS. Many thanks

theresa martin said...

Beautiful and intricate piece - love it Laura.

Marilyn said...

Laura, Laura, Laura...WOW (no words). Thanks.

Redanne said...

What a beautiful piece Laura, it is absolutely stunning. Love the little steps, the rugs, the table (I could go on) - everything!!

bobbie said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! this is absolutely fantastic, Laura ~ priceless!!!

Jess said...

This is stunning! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

wwilloww said...

I am at a loss for words to describe how this piece makes me feel! Your attention to detail and to color just create such magic!! Thanks so much for your willingness to share your incredible creativity so freely!!!

Tarnished Rose said...

Amazing! Again, thank you for sharing with us all the "ingredients". What a wonderful wonderful caravan.

Smiles~
Marilyn

KristyLee said...

Oh my this is terrific! Your gypsy art is fabulous, I just love all of the trinkets you have used on it too! Very creative, ans so breath taking! You are truly inspiring and just down right a wonderful arthritis!!
Peace,
KristyLee

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I am speechless...this is so amazing and wonderful i cannot begin to describe how beautiful this is to me.
hugs,
susan s.

johala said...

Really marvelous! I love it!
Kisses

Jennifer said...

This is truly amazing!! The amount of detail applied to every part of the caravan is just incredible!! When I first saw this it immediately provoked happy and cheerful feelings. You're an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing your talent. :)

becktovintage said...

Hi dear Laura, I like your blog very much and I am following your blog very closer...:))
Thank you very much. Blessings..:))
All best wishes..:))

ann said...

Exqusite !!! such wonderful detail xx

Judys Lace Creations said...

Wow!!What a stunning piece!!I LOVE this!! Ooh more coming eh?Can't wait!!

nelda said...

Unbelievable! This is certainly over the top and very impressive. Thank you for sharing the details!

chrissie said...

Just incredible. So many wonderful ideas and colours.

Love Chrissie xx

Lululiz said...

I should be used to seeing your amazing creations by now, but every single time you show a new one, I just gasp and wonder how on earth you can create this magical, beautiful things.

Diane at Craftin Your HeART Out! said...

Hi Laura, I am in awe...what an exquisite piece!! The details are just amazing. Your creativity and imagination can not be described in words. How I would love to be inside your mind while you are creating one of your art pieces, simply priceless. Thank you again for sharing your work!!
Warm regards, Diane

Unknown said...

This is stunning- so unusual. I have loved reading your post.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! This is beyond FABULOUS! I'm actually speechless and will probably spend the better part of an hour drinking in every unbelievable detail. WOW! xxD

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Laura, you just take my breath. I want a life sized caravan (doesn't everyone?). But this one is so, so, so FAB!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your art is awesome. Thanks for all the pics.

Roxanne said...

OMGosh....absolutely love this piece! So many whimsical details and opulence! Absolutely over the top wonderful! Wish I could make myself small and visit this Gypsy to see what's in store in the future!....Love it!

Carmen Willis said...

OMGoodness! Your adorable gypsy caravan is amazing. When I first saw the caravan, I felt compelled to walk up the stairs and have my fortune read. The inside of the caravan looks so comfy and yet mysterous. My, My, My, how talented you are. I love visiting Artfully Musings, it's always so much fun. I can spend hours just looking at all your wonderful art.
Thank you Laura, for sharing your art with us.