-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Idea for Removing Glue

If you are like me, after a few weeks of working on projects all of your scissors and tools are sticky with glue and paper.  Maybe you are not like me and I’m just very messy.  The worst are the scissors I use to cut the sticky backing for un-mounted rubber stamps.  I use Goo Gone to remove the glue.  You can find this product in hardware stores and places like Wal-Mart and Target. 

To make the process really easy I fill an empty Wet Ones container with Goo Gone.  I then put my scissors and tools in the container to soak overnight.  They next day most of the glue is dissolved.  Any remaining glue wipes off easily with a paper towel.  I then wash the tools in soapy water and they are back to new.  For smaller scissors I run a wooden skewer through the handle to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the container.  For very small scissors, tweezers and tools I have a small container of Goo Gone.  The product doesn’t evaporate so it lasts forever. 

2 comments:

Createology said...

Great idea! Thank you for sharing. Love the skewer idea for the smaller items.
In fact, I just used some Goo Gone in my studio as I was a sticky mess.
Happy creating...

Elaine A said...

Laura -

Thanks for this idea! I've been putting off doing my unmounted stamps because I hate how sticky everything becomes.

Elaine Allen