I was hoping to have this card finished last month but I just wasn’t happy with it. It’s been sitting around my studio for a few months. I loved the image of the woman which is from a cover of a vintage magazine, but I just couldn’t figure out where to go with the card. I almost tossed it. Anyway I’m finally happy with the results. It is not unusual for me to work on a piece over a long period. I usually have about 10 pieces going at the same time. I like to take the time to make sure that I’ve done the best I can with each piece (basically futzing and puttering until I’m happy).
For this card, I started with a fabric background but by the time I finished very little of the fabric is exposed. I’ve used German scrap around the edges and base. Her wings are made of vellum.