-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Friday, June 24, 2011

Queen of the Fairies

I was hoping to have this card finished last month but I just wasn’t happy with it.  It’s been sitting around my studio for a few months.  I loved the image of the woman which is from a cover of a vintage magazine, but I just couldn’t figure out where to go with the card.  I almost tossed it.  Anyway I’m finally happy with the results.  It is not unusual for me to work on a piece over a long period.  I usually have about 10 pieces going at the same time.  I like to take the time to make sure that I’ve done the best I can with each piece (basically futzing and puttering until I’m happy).
For this card, I started with a fabric background but by the time I finished very little of the fabric is exposed.  I’ve used German scrap around the edges and base.  Her wings are made of vellum.

23 comments:

Gina Peake said...

WOW! It's beautiful Laura.

Debi said...

WoW Laura, I love this so pre- raphaelite Gothic- just gorgeous x

Terri Daugherty said...

OMG Laura..this is stunning! Love all the silver accents and the image is superb!

Sue Young said...

Ab. So. Lu. tely. Gor. Geous!!!

Pennystamper said...

This is so stunning! I love it. Gorgeous!

Astrid Maclean said...

She is stunning, and what a wonderful image! Love what you have done with the German scrap!

ann said...

So very beautiful and to think you were nearly going to throw it !!!!

Hester said...

Love it, great style!

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW Amazing....stunning!

Sarah said...

You are the queen of futzing and puttering. This is a real beauty!

Ephemera said...

Fabulous what a treasure. Whoever receives this card will be really really lucky.

Gio said...

Simply gorgeous!

It's very common to change ideas and materials during the process!

Joanne said...

Amazing creation. I adore the red which for me makes this card extra special. Well worth the pfaffing about with!!
Hugs Joanne xx

Dorthe said...

Amazin, and so very beautiful.
xo,Dorthe

Georgie Horn said...

We are so thankful that you didn't throw this away! Tell me about the German scrap? Where did you buy this?

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

So very pretty, as always. I like it when you describe a bit of your process, and use of materials. I also am a "futzer".

Elaine said...

Gorgeous art!

Netty said...

Totally fabulous

Elaine A said...

Laura -

This is exquisite! I love all the detail you've included. Most definitely worth waiting for.

Elaine Allen

smokeysmom said...

OMG! She's wonderful! Love all the detail and the colors all work together beautifully. Your talents never cease to amaze me. Oh, to be a fly on your studio art wall!

RosA said...

Stunningly beautiful! An amazing work of art!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow! another gorgeous piece! next time you're thinking of tossing something, you can toss it in my direction, LOL!

Debbie said...

Well time really paid off here, she is beautiful. Great piece

Debbie:)