-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Angel Themed Christmas Ornaments & Tags - NEW IMAGE SETS

The ornaments and tags were inspired by the December AlphaStamps Vintage Victorian Ornaments kit and the lovely Vintage Saga 6x6 paper pad.  I was drawn to the non-traditional color scheme and imagery (pinks, cream and red with flowers and birds) on the Vintage Saga paper.  I was also inspired to create a series of new collage sheets to complement the paper.  The new flowers and bird collage sheets would also work well for all kinds of other themed projects. 
Dress My Craft - 6 x 6 Paper Pad - Vintage Saga
Using lovely paper, Dresden and some images it was easy to put together a set of Victorian-style ornaments using a die-cut wood ornament shape as the base.
While I was at it, I thought, why not make a set of large gift tags for some of the girlfriend Christmas gifts I am giving.

NEW COLLAGE SHEETS
This sheet contains 10 Victorian style angels with coordinating flowers.  To purchase this sheet, click on the image below.
These two collage sheets are loaded with all kinds of colorful flowers in two sizes. To purchase theses sheets, click on the image below.
This sheet contains all kinds of colorful birds.  To purchase this sheet, click on the image below.
MINI BIRDS
This half sheet contains all kinds of colorful birds (the same ones as in the larger sheet) but is smaller in size.  

THE DETAILS
Ornaments
I started by painting the edges and the tops of the wood ornaments a cream color then covered them in decorative paper.  Next, I used frames from two of my frame themed digital image sets to dress up the ornaments.
For the ornament pictured below, I collaged Dresden roses and a Dresden child with wings.  
For the ornament pictured below, I used another Dresden child with wings and flowers and a bird from the new collage sheets.  In the center of each flower, I added microbeads.
For the ornament below I used another Dresden child with wings, a harp charm, and flowers from the new collage sheets.  I once again added microbeads to the center of the flowers as well as gold stamen and pieces of red pip berry garland.
Tags
I covered each tag in the same paper as the ornaments (Vintage Saga 6x6  paper pad). 
For the tag pictured below, I added a beaded ribbon and some flower lace with flat back pearls glued to the center of each lace flower.  The rose garland is made by twisting the wire stems of paper roses together then wrapping the garland with a cream leaf ribbon. The angel and birds are from the new collage sheets.
For the tag pictured below, I used more of the Dresden roses in the background, a Dresden banjo, and an angel and bird images from the new collage sheets. 
For the lace, I dyed two different pieces of cream lace pink to match the color scheme of the tag.  I used Alcohol Ink diluted with Alcohol Blending solution to keep the color from being too intense.  After soaking the lace in the solution, I laid it on a piece of plastic to dry. DO NOT lay the lace on something absorbent, or it will pull the color from the lace.  DO NOT hang the lace to dry, or the color will sink to the end of the lace and give you an ombre effect (unless that is what you want).
For the tag pictured below, I used more of the Dresden roses in the background, lace from my stash with more of the flatback pearls glued to the lace flowers (painted red to match the background) and another brass harp.  The angel is from the new collage sheet.
For the tag pictured below, I used a beaded ribbon and beaded trim from my stash.  I also used more of the cream lace (not dyed).  The angel and bird are from the new collage sheets.  I attached pieces of green stitched leaf ribbon and added more of the flatback pearls as an accent.

2 comments:

johala said...

Hello Laura
What charming and lovely tags for christmas gift, but they're so beautiful, I think we would like to keep them all the time!!!
I've allways the one you sent me some years ago and I keep it preciously, it's on the wall in my bedroom!
Hugs and kisses

Artifice said...

Laura, Your ornaments & Tags are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for the tutorial! Happy Holidays! Linda