-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, March 31, 2013

ATC Armoire New Sample & Video of Supplies You'll Need


Next to creating art and playing with art supplies (as in endlessly reorganizing them), I’m thinking the next best thing is to create something that displays your art.  This Armoire made from a cigar box fits the bill.  If tags or postcards are your thing then there is no reason why you can create an Armoire that accommodates them as well.  Last month, I posted a regency themed Armoire and now I have a new French themed sample for you to checkout.  

Below is short video that walks though the key supplies you’ll need for the project and the options to consider.  I’m already busy filming the tutorial for the project and hope to have it available to you the middle of April.  So it’s time to decide on your theme,  dig through your stash, collect your supplies and get ready to create your own Armoire.
Below are the links to the various products I discussed in the video and links to products I used on each of the Armoires.  You’ll note from the video that based on the size of the box you find or build there are options for what you can include inside.  In addition to the rod for hanging art you can add matchboxes, shelves or a panel.  With this project there are so many surfaces available to decorate on the inside and out.  You could even hang your ATCs or Tags on the outside of the Armoire.
FEET OPTIONS:
Wooden Knobs (could be used as feet or knobs)
HANGERS & CLOTHES PINS:
HINGES:
Tim Holtz Hinges – Available in April
LARGER FRENCH STYLE ARMOIRE
I created raised panels on the front of the doors using 2 layers of thick chipboard.  I used images from the Vintage French Ads Collage Sheets as decor.
Paper – Lyric 6x6 Paper Pad
Feet – Egg Cups
Hinges – Butterfly Hinges
Clock – Junkyard Findings Clock Faces
Used On the Door Panels Vintage French Ads Collage Sheet
British Queens Collage Sheets
I used a gold bangle bracelet, buttons, a fold over bail and filigree to create the pull.  I demonstrate how to assemble it in the tutorial.
INSIDE
On the inside of the doors I’ve decorated chipboard mannequins.
At the bottom I added a decorative chipboard panel where I can display more ATCs.  The area in front of the panel is large enough to display small pieces.

REGENCY STYLE ARMOIRE
Have fun gathering your supplies!!!

13 comments:

C Pohl said...

So amazing, I truly love it, thank you again for sharing

Createology said...

Fabulous Armoires. Your creativity is amazing and thank you for sharing your talents and techniques. I am swooning over the little wooden hangers. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Dawn said...

Fantastic work, love the Amoires. Will be ready for you tut...luckily I have a large sheet of foam board to make one!

My name is Cindy said...

I just lopve this! It's one I certainly am going to have a go at!

johala said...

Another stunning creation Laura!!!Very cute armoire!
Happy Easter to you!
Hugs and kisses

Carmen said...

This is just beautiful! Makes me wish I was 16" tall. :-)

Cathy said...

Laura,

You did an amazing job! I love it! Totally inspired me to make one, too!

Cathy

Unknown said...

I just love the new armoire!!
The dress forms are amazing.
Maybe we can talk about you doing something like this in purple for me!!!

Happy Crafting
Tracie

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Laura, Another FABULOUS project. I don't know how you come up with all these wonderful projects.
Your so talented!!!
Sorry I haven't been over for awhile. Work just gets in the way sometimes.
Off to check out your Video.
Hugs Lynn

traci said...

Love this as usual you do amazing projects. I will definitely make this it is so pretty and fun.

Electra said...

Your talent is so amazing, Laura! This is stunning!

Beachsidelynn said...

Collecting supplies for this amazing armoire. Can't wait to start.

Unknown said...

Love all the works on your site