-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bouguereau Inspired Hinged Craft Box

The inspiration for this project is images by the 19th century French painter William-Adolphe Bouguereau.  And once again I have used my new “Bejeweled” Collage Sheet as a source of many of the embellishments.  The images on the front of the cabinet are surrounded by jewelry from the sheet.
The construction of the cabinet is the same as for the Couture a Bejeweled cabinet with the exception of the placement of the hinges and the strip of chipboard in the center of the doors.  The hinges I used for this cabinet were bulkier than the ones that I used in the Bejeweled cabinet, which meant that the gap between the doors was wider.  I attached a piece of chipboard covered in decorative paper to the inside of one of the doors so that when closed, the gap is filled.
The other difference in this cabinet is in the placement of the hinges.  In order to accommodate bulkier embellishments; like the chipboard fence, I mounted the hinges close to the edge of the box.  For the Bejeweled cabinet I mounted the hinges as far back as possible on the box.  I used the same box for both projects.  You can see in the photos above the difference in where I attached the hinges.
Instead of wooden finials for feet I used brass box feet.  Since the doors hang down further than the box I attached the feet to the box at a different point that on the doors so that the box would be level.
Alpha Stamps Products Used for Cabinet:
Thin Border Stickers-Gold

10 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful colours and images and so many ideas to inspire.

Love Chrissie xx

jeremy said...

Truly a work of art.

-----------------

countertops florida

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW Stunning! This one is my fav. Love it.

Joanne said...

I just want to come and live in the States so I can buy all those little bitty things you use to make these incredible works of art.
xx

Anonymous said...

I know I don't comment very often but I do subscribe by email and visit each of your posts. I do want to tell that your work is so amazingly beautiful. Each idea filled with freshness and love. Thank you for sharing such treasures. Mina

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I am so awed by this. Truly beautiful and amazing..so stunning.

susan s

Unknown said...

Stunning as usual!!
Love your new sheet.
I get paid on Thursday and then it will be mine!!..........lol

Happy Crafting
Tracie

RPLancaster said...

Your boxes are inspiriation!
Really cool.

KristyLee said...

Most stunningly gorgeous! You have a beautiful mind, to be able to create all of these wonderful art projects! I love it!
Peace,
Kristy

cyndie2010 said...

Awesome project. Wow you are such an artist. TFS