-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Marie Antoinette Inspired Altered Picture Frame

This is a piece for a swap in the Marie Antoinette Art group.  I started with a vintage frame I purchased on Etsy (in the picture below).
I embossed a chandelier on the glass and added some rub-on transfers.
I collaged some vintage images on the insert.
I glued the glass and the insert into the frame.
To the frame I attached various pieces of jewelry, brass findings, pearls and rhinestones.
I’ll share the one I get from my swap partner as soon as it arrives.

18 comments:

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful artpiece!
And interesting to see how you work.
:)

Hugs
Susan.

Connie said...

This so beautiful . . . won't it be lovely if it were small enough to wear as a brooch.

PeggyR said...

WOW this is stunning.

Createology said...

Every intricate detail adds to the beauty and grace of this piece. Blissful...

Kathryn said...

OMG! This is amazing! Love it! *sigh* Just keep raising the bar. HA!
xo
kat

Dawn said...

Another gorgeous piece!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Your work is always so amazingly beautiful!!
I love it!
Look forward to seeing your return!

Happy Crafting
Tracie

This N That said...

Absolutely love it..

berlykim37 said...

I absolutely adore this, what a great piece of art!!! Thank you so much for sharing. The image you got with the original was a piece my Mother had hanging on our living room wall. I t was a huge piece like 24x36. Thanks for bringing back family Memories.
Kim

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always.....

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I so admire you..I turned 54 this month and i have to say when I grow up I want to be you:)
hugs
susan s

Dianne said...

WOOHOO look at the bling on this fabulous, love the chandelier on the glass, way kool .The tiny clock perfect, fantastic art creation, thanks for sharing and have a great week..

Scraps of Elegance said...

Artfully done! Thank you for sharing how you created this piece.

xNatje said...

Great work! I really love it!

Martina said...

I love your creation, you made for MA artgroup, dear Laura! The recipient can be happy!
Have a nice sunday my friend.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really beautiful!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

A symphony of beauty to inspire. As always. :)

Tracy said...

Can you please share the brand of glue that you used to attach the jewelry? Thank you!